Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Washington D.C 2011


A few weeks ago, my class got the chance to go to Washington D.C and Gettysburg for a trip. It was super fun. We left on the 15 of March on a tour bus @ 930pm. We watched a movie and about midnight we slept until 430 when we stopped at a rest stop to dress for the day and put on makeup and what not. We went to the White House first. And yes I took a lot of pictures that I will have to try to get up here. After that day we checked in at a Marriott Hotel which was fun. Except for the elevator part. That was kind of scary. We went to a bunch of memorials and went to Arlington National Cemetery and watched some of the kids in my class lay the wreathe on The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. That was pretty cool. We went to a souvenir shop also where I got a purple sweatshirt with Washington dc on the left sleeve and Washington on the front in zebra letters. It was soft and warm....until I washed it:(( Now it is stiff and not soft anymore. Anyways it was an awesome trip and if i ever got the chance to go back I definitely would. Well this is my first official post! Of my second blog...haha

3 comments:

  1. The picture is at outside the Archives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fun! We want to take a family trip there since Kyleigh didn't get to go with her class last year. Which was your favorite part?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I liked the Washington National Cathedral the best. The inside was really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete